5 Challenges: Starfish, Half, 10k, 5k. More Races. More Bling.
"As a new runner, I didn't realize how much I would grow in the sport by signing up for the series. Naturally, as I participated in each race I began to improve in my time, my control and learn what my body's needs to refuel are. I have learned so much about myself by simply signing up for the series of half marathons. I look forward to my third series this fall!"
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the following Challenges are provided for your convenience. However, you can sign up for races in the Challenges individually as long as you use the EXACT same name on each registration – our scoring program reads Jennie Smith and Jennifer Smith as two different athletes.
NEW: The 2020 Starfish Challenge! Registration Now Open.
Set some goals and take the only year-long Challenge in Tampa Bay, starting in February, 2020 through December 2020. Complete ALL of our races, in any combination of distances and earn the ultimate 2020 Starfish Challenge Medal. Choose from any combination of Marathon, Halfathon, 15K, 10K or 5K.
Sunday, February 9, 2020 - CLOSED
St. Petersburg Distance Classic: Marathon • Halfathon • 10K • 5K • Virtual
Sunday, March 15, 2020 - OPEN
Shamrock Distance Classic: Halfathon • 10K • 5K • Virtual
Ft. De Soto Park
Sunday, October 4, 2020 - OPEN
Ft. De Soto Distance Classic: 15K • 10K • 5K • Virtual
Saturday, October 31, 2020 - OPEN
Halloween Distance Classic: Halfathon • 10K • 5K • Virtual
Ft. De Soto Park
Sunday, December 6, 2020 - OPEN
Holiday Distance Classic: Halfathon • 10K • Virtual
Madeira Beach to Largo
The Florida Halfathon Challenge. Registration Opens April 1.
Complete at least 3 of 4 Halfathons during our 2019-20 season to earn a beautiful Florida Halfathon Challenge finisher's medal. Choose your personalized bib number for all races and save with some great discounts!
RANKINGS: In addition to earning the Challenge medal, athletes who complete 3 Halfathon "segments" will be ranked and eligible for Overall, Masters, Grandmasters, and Age Group awards:
• based on total time of 3 Halfathons
• in order to be ranked, one race must be the Shamrock Halfathon, our last race of the season
• athletes who complete all 4 Halfathons will automatically have their slowest time dropped
• St. Petersburg Marathon counts for 1 Halfathon segment using half of marathon finish time
• Age Groups are determined by athlete's age on day of Shamrock Halfathon, March 15th, 2020.
HALFATHON RACE DATES: Our race season starts in September, 2019 and ends in March, 2020:
October 27, 2019: Halloween Halfathon – Fort De Soto Park
December 8, 2019: Holiday Halfathon – Madeira Beach to Largo
February 9, 2020: St. Petersburg Halfathon/Marathon – Downtown St. Pete
March 15, 2020: Shamrock Halfathon – Fort De Soto Park
Staged in the tropical Tampa Bay area, all races are held 5-9 weeks apart, allowing you plenty of time for training and recovery.
BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP FOR THE HALFATHON CHALLENGE:
• Save money on processing fees by signing up for the series instead of individual races
• Register risk-free with our athlete-friendly refund policy
• Choose your personalized bib number for entire series (between 101 and 600)
• Earn a beautiful Challenge finisher's medal for completing at least 3 halfathons
• Compete for rankings with fellow athletes to win Challenge Overall or Age Group awards
The Fort De Soto Triple Crown. Registration Opens April 1.
Join us for the 5th Annual Triple Crown by completing any combination of races at beautiful Fort De Soto Park (5K, 10K, 15K, Halfathon) during our 2019-20 season. In addition to earning three finisher's medals, you'll also receive our beautiful Triple Crown medal when you cross the Shamrock Distance Classic finish line - our last race of the season.
TRIPLE CROWN RACE DATES: Our race season starts in September, 2019 and ends in March, 2020:
September 29, 2019: Fort De Soto 15K, 10K, 5K – Fort De Soto Park
October 27, 2019: Halloween Halfathon, 10K, 5K – Fort De Soto Park
March 15, 2020: Shamrock Halfathon, 10K, 5K – Fort De Soto Park
The Florida 10k Challenge. Registration Opens April 1.
The 10K - the perfect distance for the runner transitioning between the 5K and the Half Marathon. In addition to our St. Petersburg 10K, we've added 4 brand new 10K races to our well-known and loved locations. Register for all 5 and take the Florida 10K Challenge! You'll be rewarded with our beautiful Challenge medal as well as the Triple Crown medal, since 3 of the races are at Fort De Soto.
10K RACE DATES: Our race season starts in September, 2019 and ends in March, 2020:
September 29, 2019: Fort De Soto 10K - Fort De Soto Park
October 27, 2019: Halloween 10K– Fort De Soto Park
December 8 2019: Holiday 10K – Madeira Beach to Largo
February 9, 2020: St. Petersburg 10K – Downtown St. Pete
March 15, 2020: Shamrock 10K – Fort De Soto Park
Staged in the tropical Tampa Bay area, all races are held 4 – 9 weeks apart, allowing you plenty of time for training and recovery.
BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP FOR THE 10K CHALLENGE:
• Save money on processing fees by signing up for the entire series instead of individual races
• Earn a beautiful Challenge medal AND a Triple Crown medal in addition to 5 finisher medals – 7 medals total!
The Florida 5k Challenge. Registration Opens April 1.
Set some goals and watch the PRs roll in with our Florida 5K Challenge! The races are held 4-9 weeks apart, allowing you plenty of time for training. When you cross the finish line at the final Shamrock 5K, in addition to your finisher’s medal you’ll be rewarded with a gorgeous Challenge medal and Triple Crown medal (and plenty of high-fives!).
5K RACE DATES: Our race season starts in September, 2019 and ends in March, 2020:
September 29, 2019: Fort De Soto 5K – Fort De Soto Park
October 27, 2019: Halloween 5K– Fort De Soto Park
February 9, 2020: St. Petersburg 5K – Downtown St. Pete
March 15, 2020: Shamrock 5K – Fort De Soto Park
BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP FOR THE 5K CHALLENGE:
– Save money by signing up for the entire series instead of individual races
– Earn a beautiful Challenge medal and Triple Crown medal for completing four 5Ks – six medals in all!
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, staging races in Clearwater, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
“This was one of the most organized races I have ever participated in. From all of the pre-race updates, to the race, to the post-race activities, everything was top notch. Thank you for a great experience.”
– R.B., Lakeland
Our 2016-17 Season
April 1, 2016
Ft. De Soto 15K and 5K
Sunday, Oct. 2, 2016
Ft. De Soto Park
Florida Halloween Half & 5K Race
Sunday, Oct. 30, 2016
Ft. De Soto Park
Florida Holiday Half
Sunday, Dec. 11, 2016
Madeira Beach to Largo
Clearwater Distance Classic, 50K Ultra, Marathon, Halfathon, 5-Miler, 5K Walkathon
Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017
Florida Beach Half & 5K Race
Sunday, March 12, 2017
Ft. De Soto Park
- The Ft. De Soto 15K, 10K and 5K courses showcase the natural beauty of this Florida barrier island. Named the nation’s #1 Beach in 2005, you'll run on flat, paved recreational trails (no sand!) with vast views of the tranquil Gulf. See course maps.
- The Halloween Distance Classic courses at Ft. De Soto are fast and flat. Made up of recreational trails and access roads in this beautiful state park, you'll enjoy seeing the sun rise over the Sunshine Skyway. Great for setting PRs. See course maps.
- The Holiday Distance Classic course starts in Madeira Beach and ends at Taylor Park. You'll run through exclusive residential and commercial areas in our beach communities, along smoothly paved Pinellas Trail, and through shaded public parks. The Park Blvd. bridge adds some hill-work to your run or walk. Busses will bring you back from the finish line to the start line. See course maps.
- The St. Petersburg Distance Classic courses are a scenic tour through St. Pete, from the sparkling waterfront, to beautiful historic neighborhoods, the trendy downtown, and the shaded Pinellas Trail - a rails-to-trails linear park. Course map coming soon. See course maps.
- The Shamrock Halfathon course is exactly the same as the Halloween Halfathon course. Measure your progress from your first halfathon to your last - perhaps you'll set some PRs! See course maps.
Designed for athletes who would like to run or walk anywhere in the world on their own schedule and still earn one of our finisher's medals. Athletes who register for the entire series virtually will receive the series completion medal automatically. Your Challenge medal will be mailed to you. To see all entry fee options, please visit the registration page (opens April 1).
What runner doesn't like a Challenge? Sign up today and save!