DATE: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2021
PLACE: FT. DE SOTO PARK, ST. PETERSBURG
7:05 a.m. – 15K
7:15 a.m. – 10K
7:25 a.m. – 5K
REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUP:
ln an effort to practice social distancing due to COVID-19, we will not have our usual packet pickups. Instead, we will be mailing your bib and chip to you starting on 9/13. lf you’ve recently moved, please email us at [email protected] IMMEDIATELY with your new address so that you can receive your bib on time.
READ MORE ABOUT PACKET PICKUP…
Both the 15K, 10K and 5K courses start at North Beach and are pure out-and-back 9.3 mile, 6.2 and 3.1 mile tours of Ft. De Soto Park run on paved trails and access roads. You will NOT be running on the sand.
These are extremely flat and fast courses with no bridges, overpasses, or discernible inclines. They are accurately measured and will be certified by the USATF.
Fort De Soto Park has been named “America’s Top Beach” by TripAdvisor several times over the years citing a “spectacular combination of soft white sand, calm, clear water and a laid-back atmosphere.”
Covid Protocol at The Race
As our participants’ safety is ALWAYS our top priority, we are implementing several COVID Safety Protocols, though relaxed from last year’s races at Ft. De Soto:
• Face masks while not running on the course are encouraged, but not mandatory. Your choice.
• Pre-race, we will line up with social distancing in place.
• On the courses, aid stations will have 8 oz. bottled water only.
• At the finish line, 16 oz water bottles will be self serve.
• After you finish your race, finisher medals, race shirts, food, and beverage will be self-serve in individually wrapped servings.
• Athletes are welcome to use nearby pavilions, picnic tables and grassy areas to relax and recover.
• Awards for overall, master, grandmaster and Age Group Champions will be mailed by First Class Mail.
• Race Day Safety Protocols will be included in your runner notes and are posted at our website:
“Thank you, thank you, thank you! I think you and the volunteers did a great job hosting the race on Sunday. The safety measures that were put in place were very well thought out.”
– Cheryl Costello
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, staging races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
The Starfish Challenge
The only year-long runners’ Challenge in Tampa Bay! Sorry, but due to COVID-19, we had to suspend the Challenge for this year. As with all races, we hope that we can resume our Challenge next season. Please stay safe!